Annual Scholarship Renewal Process
All scholarship recipients must complete the annual WSOS Renewal or Graduation form every June to notify WSOS whether you will be renewing your scholarship for the following academic year.
In the form, you’ll be able to indicate to us whether:
- You’re renewing the WSOS for the next academic year;
- You’ve graduated with a bachelor’s degree; OR
- You’re not renewing the scholarship because you no longer meet renewal criteria.
If you are graduating or not planning to renew, please complete the form in order to formally decline the scholarship.
If you do not complete the annual Renewal/Graduate Form and each of the steps below, you will forfeit the scholarship.
In addition to completing the renewal form, you must also:
- Complete and submit the 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA) by July 3, 2017. [Note: you can submit this form beginning 10/1/2016].
- Apply for Federal Education tax credits (including the American Opportunity tax credits) for the 2016 tax year if your family is eligible to apply for these credits. Information on these credits is here. If your family is not eligible for these tax credits, you will still be eligible for the scholarship provided you continue to meet all the renewal/update criteria.
While a current WSOS recipient, you will be notified of your renewal status every August, via the email address you provide in the renewal form. If your email address changes, notify us at email@example.com.
Please see Renewal Timeline for what to expect after you submit the form.
To access the Required Renewal/Graduate Form:
- Please follow the instructions to access the new WSOS Scholar Portal. Go to the SIGN UP box and SIGN UP using the same email to which we sent your renewal reminder. Then create a password.
- Once you SIGN UP for the first time, you will be taken directly to the Required Renewal/Graduate Form.
- Don’t forget to write down and keep your password somewhere safe!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-877-899-5002 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.